For those facing hair loss :
1. Hot oil treatments: Take any natural oil - olive, coconut, Almond - and heat it up so that it is warm, but not too hot. Do not bring the oil to a boil. Massage it gently into your scalp. Dip a soft towel ( or thorthu) in boiling hot water and twist and squeeze out the excess water and wrap around your head .. For the steam to force the pores to open and absorb the oil.. Repeat 2 or 3 times. Put on a shower cap and leave it on for an hour, then shampoo and condition your hair.
2. Natural juices: You can rub your scalp with either garlic juice, onion juice ( both have very, very strong odour) or ginger juice. Leave it on overnight and wash it thoroughly in the morning. The smell of all these three, are strong and to most repulsive so do it if your hair is falling due to fungal infection on the scalp.
3. Get a head massage: Massaging your scalp for a few minutes daily will help stimulate circulation. Good circulation in the scalp keeps hair follicles active. Circulation may be improved through massage by using a few drops of lavender or bay essential oil in an almond or sesame oil base.
4. Antioxidants: Apply warm green tea (two bags brewed in one cup of water) on your scalp and leave this mixture on for an hour and then rinse. Green tea contains antioxidants which prevent hair loss and boost hair growth.
5. Practice meditation: Believe it or not, most of the times, the root cause for hair loss is stress and tension. Meditation can help in reducing that and restore hormonal balance.